FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING
JOIN THE WEWOOD FAMILY AND SAVE $5 ON YOUR FIRST ORDER
"Gave this watch to my husband because he developed a severe metal allergy and he is absolutely over the moon about it as he hasn't been able to wear a watch in years!"
D Bradfield, Canberra ACT
"Love my new watch guys! I adjusted it to fit perfectly (pretty easy by the way) and I think I might need to get another colour like the blonde. It's comfortable, stylish, eco and I have already received tons of compliments on it.
Gene, Hobart TAS
"What can I say, the Wewood is wristacular! This watch is really lovely and feels light on my wrist even though it looks quite substantial."
Eliza, Adelaide SA
"Not being a status symbol guy, I still like neat things and felt like this watch isn't too showy. In spite of it being made from natural material, it's pretty slick and I get compliments every time I wear it."
James, Melbourne VIC
"I’m a big fan in every way! Great customer service, great product and best of all, I got my watch in a hurry without shipping cost. I’ve already referred my friends to the site and I know they are going to love it as much as I do."
Cheryl, Melbourne VIC
"Love my new wooden watch! I adjusted it to fit perfectly (pretty easy, by the way) and I think I might need to get another colour like the blonde. It's comfortable, stylish, eco and I have already received tons of compliments on it."
Charles, Perth WA
If you live in Sydney or Melbourne, Auckland or Wellington, the University of Sydney wants to know how much you think your wellbeing depends on nature being a part of your daily life!
The aim of this research is to find out whether urban adult residents of large cities in Australia and New Zealand experience the same benefits of interacting with animals and plants as shown in many of the international studies. Cool, huh?
Have your say in the research by completing their survey:http://www.whoneedsnature.com/
Tea Tree comes from the evergreen leaves of the Australian Melaleuca Alternifolia tree. It has been known for its healing and disinfecting properties for over a century and a wealth of scientific evidence exists to support its effectiveness. It is one of nature's finest antibiotics because it is so effective at killing bacteria. It's found at most major health stores and pharmacies. Check out it's amazing uses below:
1. Aromatherapy - Use a drop or two of the oil on a warm washcloth and inhale to treat colds, viruses, cough, toothaches or problems caused by bacteria.
2. Acne - Avoid using those expensive treatments full of unwanted chemicals. Just dab a drop of tea tree oil on a damp cotton ball and apply to trouble spots.
3. Dandruff - Tea Tree oil is very effective against dandruff! Use 5% tea tree oil to shampoo. About 3-4 drops of oil into a whole bottle of your natural scentless shampoo and you will notice within a few days your dandruff has disappeared!
4. Nail Infections - Have a hang nail? Or just an irritation? Dab a bit of oil onto the nail acts as an antibacterial agent, but does not cause irritation to the skin.
5. Sinus infections - Tea Tree oil is antiviral and antibacterial, making it great for any sort of infection. Just boil the water and add a few drops tea tree oil. Remove from heat and put towel over your head, breathe in for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Cleaning Spray - You get the gist: Anything that needs disinfecting, cleaning, or balancing can benefit from tea tree oil. Combine 4-5 drops of oil with 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Use to clean household surfaces like countertops and kitchen floors.
7. Household Antiseptic Spray - Similar to above, but add double the drops (10 drops of oil) to 2 cups of water in a spray bottle for tough areas like the bathroom and sink. Even use to clean the bottoms of shoes for an antibacterial purpose.
8. Mold Remover - Use the concentration of antiseptic spray in #7 above, and spray on moldy areas, but do not wipe up or rise. Let it sit and it will take care of any problems.
9. Laundry Detergent - Add 3-4 drops of oil to your detergent for mold-prone items like chunky sweaters and wool. Tea tree oil is a powerful mold fighter.
10. Air Freshener - To make your own essential oil gel air freshener, you'll need 2 tablespoons of clear gelatin powder, tea tree oil, a ½ cup of hot water, and clean, clear jars of your choice. Stir together and heat the clear gelatin powder, approximately 20 drops of essential oil, and the water. Pour the liquid into clean jar(s) once the gelatin has melted. Put the jars in the refrigerator until the gel has set.
Buy Nothing New Month planted roots in Melbourne, and has since spread the collective, conscientious consumption movement globally.
In 2011, Sydney Morning Herald ran a poll asking "is Buy Nothing New Month a good idea?" Over 10,000 voted. 82% said “yes”
It's a one month challenge to buy nothing new (with the exception of essentials like food, hygiene and medicines)
Buy Nothing New Month isn't Buy Nothing New Never. Nor is it about going without.
It's literally about taking one month off to really think, "Do I really need it?" If I do, “can I get it second-hand, borrow it or rent it? What are my alternatives? Can I borrow from a friend? Can I swap with my neighbor?" It's about thinking where our stuff comes from (finite resources) and where it goes when we're done (often landfill) and what are the fantastic alternatives out there to extend the life of our 'stuff'.
It's easy. It's fun. It's moving from consumption-driven to community-driven.
It's good for us, our wallets and our planet.
Find out more about this great cause here: http://bit.ly/18MnlKn
As summertime approaches, we are wanting to spend more time outside and enjoying the elements (yay!)
This year, we are extremely proud to be a part of some innovative local pop up markets, including Greville St Market! #summer
Situated in sunny Melbourne’s southside, Greville Market was a great way to meet our local fans, hear useful feedback and show off our new styles. It was an absolute pleasure at meeting with interesting designers and brainstorming collaborations. #grevillestreet
Make sure to stay tuned and catch us other homegrown markets popping up all around Australia.
Treat the special guy in your life with a gift that gives back. Every watch purchased goes to planting much needed trees all across Australia. PLUS, we have just released some new "dad friendly" styles, including the Roman, Sculptor and the Callisto.
All WeWOOD watches are designed and have originated in Florence, Italy. WeWOOD is the original wooden watch and has become world-renowned for it's craftsmanship and sustainability. So, this year, instead of purchasing items he probably will never use - get him something he can truly treasure.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL DADS!
If you are in the Melbourne area, check us out at Life InStyle 2013!
For more info, you can visit our featured listing at http://www.lifeinstyle.com.au/en/Exhibitors/191692/Branched
We are so excited to be a part of an upcoming "Plant A Tree" day in Western Victoria on July 21st, in honour of this year's National Tree Day. We will be getting our hands dirty and planting new trees, along with maintaining the beautiful natural landscape. We have teamed up with two wonderful organisations to make this happen, Conservation Volunteers and Grow West, and it's going to be a fun-filled day of soil, sunshine and happy trees!
If you'd like to find out more info on how to get involved in your local community for NTD, check it out here. It's packed full of updates and upcoming events in your area!
We are very proud to announce we have officially partnered with Carbon Neutral. Officially starting July 1st, each WeWOOD online purchase will plant a tree in Australia. There will be biodiversity in all the plantings, and up to 40 plants, shrubs and trees will be planted all throughout Australia.
This is just one more way we are staying committed to our cause.
Buy A Watch. Plant A Tree.
Feel the difference nature can bring. Completely absent of artificial or toxic material, WeWood fashion watches are as natural and kind as the wrist that carries it. Your WeWood watch breathes the same air we breathe, respects our skin as we respect nature by supporting sophisticated sustainability.
As alive as nature, your timepiece records your sensations and shares your experiences and may awaken memories from another time and place. The perfect natural mate, the eco cool watches of WeWood tell a story that becomes yours to wear, smell and feel.
Carbon Neutral is a not-for-profit carbon consultancy and offset provider. We assist clients to measure, reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions.
We're passionate about our native Australian landscape, and our focus is on developing biodiverse reforestation plantings and carbon sinks.
With over ten years' experience, Carbon Neutral has built a reputation as a trusted and experienced environmental partner. Our services include carbon reduction strategies, carbon consulting, carbon calculators, Plant-a-Tree programmes, carbon neutrality verification, green marketing support, workshops and seminars.