Tea Tree Oil - 10 Ways It Can Change Your Life
Posted on by tamera v
Tea Tree comes from the evergreen leaves of the Australian Melaleuca Alternifolia tree. It has been known for its healing and disinfecting properties for over a century and a wealth of scientific evidence exists to support its effectiveness. It is one of nature's finest antibiotics because it is so effective at killing bacteria. It's found at most major health stores and pharmacies. Check out it's amazing uses below:
1. Aromatherapy - Use a drop or two of the oil on a warm washcloth and inhale to treat colds, viruses, cough, toothaches or problems caused by bacteria.
2. Acne - Avoid using those expensive treatments full of unwanted chemicals. Just dab a drop of tea tree oil on a damp cotton ball and apply to trouble spots.
3. Dandruff - Tea Tree oil is very effective against dandruff! Use 5% tea tree oil to shampoo. About 3-4 drops of oil into a whole bottle of your natural scentless shampoo and you will notice within a few days your dandruff has disappeared!
4. Nail Infections - Have a hang nail? Or just an irritation? Dab a bit of oil onto the nail acts as an antibacterial agent, but does not cause irritation to the skin.
5. Sinus infections - Tea Tree oil is antiviral and antibacterial, making it great for any sort of infection. Just boil the water and add a few drops tea tree oil. Remove from heat and put towel over your head, breathe in for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Cleaning Spray - You get the gist: Anything that needs disinfecting, cleaning, or balancing can benefit from tea tree oil. Combine 4-5 drops of oil with 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Use to clean household surfaces like countertops and kitchen floors.
7. Household Antiseptic Spray - Similar to above, but add double the drops (10 drops of oil) to 2 cups of water in a spray bottle for tough areas like the bathroom and sink. Even use to clean the bottoms of shoes for an antibacterial purpose.
8. Mold Remover - Use the concentration of antiseptic spray in #7 above, and spray on moldy areas, but do not wipe up or rise. Let it sit and it will take care of any problems.
9. Laundry Detergent - Add 3-4 drops of oil to your detergent for mold-prone items like chunky sweaters and wool. Tea tree oil is a powerful mold fighter.
10. Air Freshener - To make your own essential oil gel air freshener, you'll need 2 tablespoons of clear gelatin powder, tea tree oil, a ½ cup of hot water, and clean, clear jars of your choice. Stir together and heat the clear gelatin powder, approximately 20 drops of essential oil, and the water. Pour the liquid into clean jar(s) once the gelatin has melted. Put the jars in the refrigerator until the gel has set.